Working Student Residential Programme – 2 months +
Time & Location
About the Event
Working Students are an integral part of Horse & Heart life, and are offered a very special opportunity for in-depth learning and a unique life experience.
The Horse & Heart team lives and works as a community, in a spirit of mutual support and sharing.
The work is quite varied, but typically involves: care of the horses, mucking out; maintenance of land, fences and buildings; weeding; tack & tools care; cooking & cleaning ; help during courses.
Tuition follows "The Journey Together" curriculum in Holistic Horsemanship.
Life on the farm is as natural as possible: everything is organised around the horses and the tasks that need to be done, then we share the rest of the day in pony play, meditation, cooking and eating, playing music or games and Storytelling around the fire. Do bring your musical instruments if you have any!
Here is a rough idea of the weekly schedule & terms:
- 6 hours work / day (with 1 day off / week)
- Tuition in Holistic Horsemanship & Equine Husbandry
- Your own project to work on with a horse
- Veg box & staples
- Camping on the land with access to toilet / shower / kitchen / living room.
- Minimum 2 months stay (with a 10-day trial period).
Come and join the Horse & Heart Community!